Diagnosis and Clinical Presentation
This case demonstrates a newly recognized etiology for erythema ab igne. It is important for physicians to be able to recognize novel heat sources as potential causative agents for this entity and to instruct their patients to discontinue such exposure.
- Page EH, Shear NH. Temperature-dependent skin disorders. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1988; 18:1003-1019.
- Warycha, Melanie. What is your diagnosis? Erythema Ab Igne. Cutis. 2006 78:392, 395.
- Bilic, Maya and Brian Adams. Erythema ab igne induced by a laptop computer. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 973-4.
- Mohr MR, Scott KA, Rariser RM. Laptop computer induced erythema ab igne: a case report. Cutis. 2007;79:59-60.
- Page EH, Shear NH. Temperature-dependenet skin disorders. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1988; 18: 1013-4.
- Arrington JH, Lockman DS. Thermal keratoses and squamous cell carcinoma in situ associated with erythema ab igne. Arch Dermatol . 1979; 115:1226-8.